Garden Villa Nursing Home is committed to protecting your privacy. The following information explains our policy regarding any personal information you may supply to us when visiting GardenVillaHealth.com. Garden Villa’s goal in collecting personal information online is to provide you with a personalized Web experience. By knowing your preferences we can deliver relevant information that meets your needs, and ensure that your visit to our site is quick, easy, and productive.
Garden Villa collects IP addresses for system administration and internal tracking. When you visit our site, our servers log the IP addresses only. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
Garden Villa may place a cookie on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. The information stored will make your usage easier and faster because it allows you to use the site without having to re-enter information on each visit.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
GardenVillaHealth.com utilizes Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As required under HIPAA legislation, the following is provided to any current or potential resident of Garden Villa Nursing Home. THE FOLLOWING NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to your insurance provider for the purpose of the organization receiving payment for providing you with needed healthcare services.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to public or law enforcement officials in the event of an investigation in which you are a victim of abuse, a crime or domestic violence.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to other healthcare providers in the event you need emergency care.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to a public health organization or federal organization in the event of a communicable disease or to report a defective device or untoward event to a biological product (food or medication).
- Your confidential healthcare information may not be released for any other purpose than that which is identified in this notice.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released only after receiving written authorization from you.
- You may revoke your permission to release confidential healthcare information at any time.
- You may be contacted by the organization to remind you of any appointments, healthcare treatment options or other health services that may be of interest to you.
- You may be contacted by the organization for the purposes of raising funds to support the organization’s operations.
- You have the right to restrict the use of your confidential healthcare information. However, the organization may choose to refuse your restriction if it is in conflict of providing you with quality healthcare or in the event of an emergency situation. You have the right to receive confidential communication about your health status.
- You have the right to review and photocopy any/all portions of your healthcare information.
- You have the right to make changes to your healthcare information.
- You have the right to know who has accessed your confidential healthcare information and for what purpose.
- You have the right to possess a copy of this Privacy Notice upon request. This copy can be in the form of an electronic transmission or on paper.
- The organization is required by law to protect the privacy of its patients. It will keep confidential any and all patient healthcare information and will provide patients with a list of duties or practices that protect confidential healthcare information.
- The organization will notify you if the privacy of your “unsecured” health information is breached. (unsecured protected health information is protected health information that is not secured through the use of a technology or methodology specified by the Secretary in guidance, and requires the Secretary to issue such guidance no later than 60 days after enactment and to specify within the technologies and methodologies that render protected health information unusable, unreadable, or indecipherable to unauthorized individuals.
- The organization will abide by the terms of this notice. The organization reserves the right to make changes to this notice and continue to maintain the confidentiality of all healthcare information. Patients will receive a mailed copy of any changes to this notice within 60 days of making the changes.
- You have the right to complain to the organization if you believe your rights to privacy have been violated. If you feel your privacy rights have been violated, please contact in person or mail your complaint to the administrator of your facility.